Backend Engineer (f/m/d)
At Upvest, we are creating a financial system in which every asset can be traded anytime, by everyone. Our end-to-end solution for asset tokenization provides the most secure issuance, distribution, and custody of security tokens. Our bold long-term view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs Notion Capital, Partech and Holtzbrinck Ventures. Following our recent Series A, we now expand our team. Today, we count 20 talented people from 10 different countries. We are based in Berlin, Germany.
We’re looking for a full-time talented engineer to build tools that provide the best developer experience of our Blockchain API users. You don’t need to have any prior experience with blockchain technology, just an interest in learning about it - we can help you learn what you need to know once you start, though previous experience in this field would be a bonus.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work on different aspects of our API-product portfolio, designing, developing and maintaining services as part of the development team
- Documenting designs and usage of API products
- Be part of creating the best developer experience for digital asset management and issuance
- Develop data processing and storing mechanisms
- Build strong microservice architectures
- Work on improving the reliability of our API tools, as well as developing innovative tools
- Proven experience with Golang and microservice architecture
- Experience with k8s and Docker is a plus
- Strong interest in blockchain integrations (Experience is not necessary but a willingness to learn is critical)
- You are proactive in learning new stacks and have a high sense of taking ownership
We’re an English-speaking team, so no German knowledge will be required
- Our salary package is typically above average
- A great office in the heart of Berlin Mitte
- You will receive personal coaching sessions
- A brand-new laptop and a comfortable work space
- Annual off-site events
- We have flat hierarchies, you can grow into any role
Think Fearlessly, Act Fast: We embrace the accelerated pace and ambiguity of building a business on the frontier. We take risks and look forwards.
Be Street Smart: We are always tuned in to what is going on. With ourselves, our team, our users and the market.
Step Up, Stand Together: Every individual is prepared to speak up for what they believe in and stand
together as a team to deliver the result, even when the going gets tough.
Low Egos, High Expectations: Although we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too
seriously. We have hunger and humility in equal measure.