DevSecOps and SRE Lead, Berlin
Upvest builds the financial infrastructure of tomorrow, powered by blockchain. We make it incredibly simple for every company to use the benefits of the blockchain via our APIs. Our solution is globally used in more than 80 countries. Our team of around 20 talented people comes from 10 different countries, and we are based in Berlin, Germany.
As DevSecOps and Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Lead, you'll be responsible for both uplifting and maintaining our evolving technology platforms, infrastructure and technology controls. Your role will include root cause analysis of incidents and pro-active prevention of recurrence thru the creative design and development of technical solutions as well as process improvements
You don’t need to have any prior experience with blockchain technology, just an interest in learning about it - we can help you learn what you need to know once you start, though previous experience in this field would be a bonus.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engineering of solutions to maximize system reliability & automation
- Develop long term strategies for our infrastructure and associated processes
- Be responsible for anything related to our Google Cloud Platform infrastructure
- Be accountable for activating best practices in terms of Security, Resiliency, Monitoring and Alerting
- Improving service observability (latency, traffic, error rate and saturation)
- Work alongside our Chief Security Officer on complex Security issues
- Improve our CI/CD pipeline including repeatable deployments which can be rolled back
- Establishing communication best practices throughout the entire software development lifecycle (development, deployment and incident management)
- Proactively testing the flexibility and resilience of the system
- Optimizing the overall on-call process
- Strong experience architecting and developing complex infrastructure in a cloud-based environment
- Strong experience with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker and Terraform
- Strong experience in deploying monitoring and alerting systems
- Good knowledge of infrastructure as code tools like Terraform (priority) and Ansible
- Knowledge of our modern tech-stack (Golang, Python) is a plus
- Knowledge of blockchain protocols (mainly Ethereum) is a plus
- Knowledge of cryptography is a plus
We’re an English-speaking team, so no German knowledge will be required
- Our salary package is typically above average
- You will co-own Upvest with company equity
- You will receive personal coaching sessions
- We have flat hierarchies, you can grow into any role
Our cultural values:
Think big: Know your north star. Be hungry. Never give up.
Dig deep: Find the root cause of things. Be obsessed with it.
Play fair: Build powerful partnerships, lasting relationships and long term value.
Resourcefulness: Understand the concept of time. Find a solution.
Own it: Be proactive. Lead by example.
Unity: Supporting each other and working together with transparency in good and bad times.