Finance & Risk Manager (f/m/d)
At Upvest, we are creating a financial system in which every asset can be traded anytime, by everyone. Our end-to-end solution for asset tokenization provides the most secure issuance, distribution, and custody of security tokens. We serve leading fintechs in Europe and enable them to sell assets that were previously inaccessible to the masses. Our bold long-term view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs Notion Capital, Partech and Holtzbrinck Ventures. Following our recent Series A, we now expand our team. Today, we count 20 talented people from 10 different countries. We are based in Berlin, Germany.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the CFO in all finance-related activities
- Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management concept according to BaFin and MaRisk requirements, in order to identify current and potential risks affecting Upvest
- Preparing insurance budgets, and maintaining records of insurance policies and claims
- Being Upvest's official Deputy AML Officer
- Creating business continuity plans to limit risks
- Reviewing any new major SLAs or internal business proposals
Enforce risk awareness amongst Upvest’s employees by providing support and training programs within the company
- 5+ years of experience working in finance & risk roles
- Strong Financial Modeling skills (deep understanding of Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken (English and German)
- Prior experience in a Licenced fintech company is a strong plus (ideally regulated by BaFin)
- Prior experience implementing MaRisk concepts is a plus
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to understand Upvest’s more general business challenges
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals
- Attention to detail
- Our salary package is typically above average
- You will co-own Upvest with company equity
- You will receive personal coaching sessions
- We have flat hierarchies, you can grow into any role
Our cultural values:
Think big: Know your north star. Be hungry. Never give up.
Dig deep: Find the root cause of things. Be obsessed with it.
Play fair: Build powerful partnerships, lasting relationships and long term value.
Resourcefulness: Understand the concept of time. Find a solution.
Own it: Be proactive. Lead by example.
Unity: Supporting each other and working together with transparency in good and bad times.