Financial Analyst - Intern (f/m/d)
At Upvest, we are building the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. Our vision is to create a world in which any asset can be owned and traded digitally by anyone, anywhere. Our bold long-term view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs Notion Capital, Partech and Holtzbrinck Ventures. Today, we count 22 talented people from 10 different countries and we want to keep expanding our Upvengers team.
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Intern to analyse financial data and create financial models for decision support.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Support the CFO in various tasks (incl. budgeting, cash flow planning, cost analysis)
- Lead the preparation of monthly reports and quarterly financial reports to the lead investors
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analysing actual results with plans and forecasts, and prepare for regular reviews from the Leadership team
- Own a variety of administrative tasks related to financial statements
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge of financial modelling techniques
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Familiarity with data query/data management tools is a strong plus (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- German knowledge is a strong plus
- Exciting opportunity to build the future of digital securities!
- A young, dynamic and fast-growing startup with flat hierarchies and open communication
- As we strongly believe in personal development, we offer private coaching sessions and educational budget
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin Mitte, a brand-new Mac, flexible working hours, option of working from home, regular off-site events, free drinks/snacks and many more...
- We measure our performance with the help of OKRs and love to celebrate our successes
- A relocation package with visa support
Think Fearlessly, Act Fast: We embrace the accelerated pace and ambiguity of building a business on the frontier. We take risks and look forward.
Be Street Smart: We are always tuned in to what is going on. With ourselves, our team, our users and the market.
Step Up, Stand Together: Every individual is prepared to speak up for what they believe in and stand together as a team to deliver the result, even when the going gets tough.
Low Egos, High Expectations: Although we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have hunger and humility in equal measure.
If you want to build the financial infrastructure of tomorrow, a new challenge awaits you!