Golang Backend Engineer (f/m/d)
At Upvest, we are building the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. Our vision is to create a world in which any asset can be owned and traded digitally by anyone, anywhere. Our bold long-term view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs Notion Capital, Partech and HV Capital. Today, we count 28 talented people from 14 different countries and we want to keep expanding our team of Upvengers.
We are seeking a full-time backend engineer to build a securities API for financial institutions, the first such API in Europe. Your goal is to take ownership of designing, developing and maintaining microservices written in Golang.
A greenfield project. Cutting edge technologies. No legacy code.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Build fault-tolerant, horizontally scalable systems. Using Microservice architecture powered by Docker, Kubernetes, Kuma service mesh and Kong as a Gateway.
- Build event driven applications using NATS
- Work on different aspects of our API-product portfolio as part of the development team
- Develop data processing and storing mechanisms
- Work on improving the reliability of our API tools, as well as developing innovative tools
- Work with an agile methodology: in the end of the 2-weeks sprint cycle we have a demo with retrospective to make our software delivering faster
- At least +2 years of experience and passion about Golang and distributed systems
- Fluency with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, transaction isolation, performance optimization
- Fluency with event driven architecture and concurrent algorithms
- Be proactive in learning new stacks and have a high sense of taking ownership
- Excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with Docker, k8s, understanding principles of a service mesh
- Experience with Monitoring and Tracing using opentracing/opencensus/opentelemetry/elastic APM
- Understanding of encryption algorithms and their application
- Experience working in Fintech domain
- Exciting opportunity to build the future of digital securities!
- A young, dynamic and fast-growing startup with flat hierarchies and open communication
- As we strongly believe in personal development, we offer private coaching sessions and educational budget
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin Mitte, a brand-new Mac, flexible working hours, option of working from home, regular off-site events, free drinks/snacks and many more...
- We measure our performance with the help of OKRs and love to celebrate our successes
- A relocation package with visa support
Think Fearlessly, Act Fast: We embrace the accelerated pace and ambiguity of building a business on the frontier. We take risks and look forward.
Be Street Smart: We are always tuned in to what is going on. With ourselves, our team, our users and the market.
Step Up, Stand Together: Every individual is prepared to speak up for what they believe in and stand together as a team to deliver the result, even when the going gets tough.
Low Egos, High Expectations: Although we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have hunger and humility in equal measure.
If you want to build the financial infrastructure of tomorrow, a new challenge awaits you!