Head of Compliance, Berlin
Upvest builds the financial infrastructure of tomorrow, powered by blockchain. We make it incredibly simple for every company to use the benefits of the blockchain via our APIs. Our solution is globally used in more than 80 countries. Our team of around 20 talented people comes from 10 different countries, and we are based in Berlin, Germany.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for keeping abreast of legal and regulatory developments in Germany and Europe that could impact Upvest’s business
- Maintain all external relationships with regulators, banking partners, industry working groups and third party Compliance vendors
- Ensure that policies are updated to meet changing regulatory and business requirements.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of relevant regulations and be able to summarise brief management concisely.
- Oversee the design, development and roll-out of the Germany Compliance Monitoring Programs for a) Mandatory regulatory reporting in accordance with local requirements; b) Anti-Bribery and Corruption practices; c) Complaints handling including training and ongoing coordination with relevant stakeholders; d) The Policy framework (including creating a formal risk matrix); e) AFC (Anti Financial Crime) and Capital Markets Compliance
- Responsible for Compliance training of local employees.
- Periodic key reporting and notifications both internally and externally as required.
- 7-10 years of experience working in Compliance functions in financial services firms that are regulated by the BaFin.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial services regulations
- Expertise when it comes to regulatory knowledge in Germany and the broader EU region.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced remote environment.
- Leadership and key stakeholder engagement skills and experience required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the innate ability to work unsupervised in a structured manner.
- Our salary package is typically above average
- You will co-own Upvest with company equity
- You will receive personal coaching sessions
- We have flat hierarchies, you can grow into any role
Our cultural values:
Think big: Know your north star. Be hungry. Never give up.
Dig deep: Find the root cause of things. Be obsessed with it.
Play fair: Build powerful partnerships, lasting relationships and long term value.
Resourcefulness: Understand the concept of time. Find a solution.
Own it: Be proactive. Lead by example.
Unity: Supporting each other and working together with transparency in good and bad times.