Head of Risk (f/m/d)
At Upvest, we are creating a financial system in which every asset can be traded anytime, by everyone. Our end-to-end solution for asset tokenization provides the most secure issuance, distribution, and custody of security tokens. Our bold long-term view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs Notion Capital, Partech and Holtzbrinck Ventures. Following our recent Series A, we now expand our team. Today, we count 20 talented people from 10 different countries. We are based in Berlin, Germany.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management concept according to BaFin and MaRisk requirements, in order to identify current and potential risks affecting Upvest
- Being Upvest's official Deputy AML Officer
- Coordinate with senior management in performing operational risk reviews
- Report operational risk issues and decisions to senior management on a regular basis
- Preparing insurance budgets, and maintaining records of insurance policies and claims
- 5+ years of experience in business continuity management, preferably in banking or financial sectors
- English and German fluency (both written and spoken)
- Prior experience in a Licenced fintech company is a strong plus (ideally regulated by BaFin)
- Prior experience implementing MaRisk concepts is a plus
- Our salary package is typically above average
- You will receive personal coaching sessions
- We have flat hierarchies, you can grow into any role
Our cultural values:
Think big: Know your north star. Be hungry. Never give up.
Dig deep: Find the root cause of things. Be obsessed with it.
Play fair: Build powerful partnerships, lasting relationships and long term value.
Resourcefulness: Understand the concept of time. Find a solution.
Own it: Be proactive. Lead by example.
Unity: Supporting each other and working together with transparency in good and bad times.