Head of Talent, Berlin
Upvest builds the financial infrastructure of tomorrow, powered by blockchain. We make it incredibly simple for every company to use the benefits of the blockchain via our APIs. Our solution is globally used in more than 80 countries. Our team of around 20 talented people comes from 10 different countries, and we are based in Berlin, Germany.
We’re now looking for a Head of People to help build the business. You’ll be responsible for Upvest’s continued growth as a modern, productive and inclusive environment and somewhere our people can do their best work. You’ll be working closely with our CEO and leadership team to take ownership for People + Talent, across areas such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training & development and talent management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and implementing HR/People strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy, ie robust enough to meet regulatory needs, flexible and creative to suit our flexible, fast-paced startup environment
- Coach and manage a team of 2 in HR/People and Recruitment/Talent
- Support leadership, managers and employees in managing any workplace issues
- Determine current and future resourcing requirements, defining and managing recruitment and selection processes and systems
- Implement high performance/feedback culture of recognition and accountability
- You’ll be the champion for Upvest’s culture and ways of working, plus make sure everyone works well together through socials and events
- Benchmark compensation and benefits
- Establish Upvest as Employer of choice
- Making sure progression and personal/career development opportunities are available. Evaluate and implement training and development to meet requirements.
- Experience driving a fast-paced, high performance, feedback culture
- A strong people-first approach to HR and a focus on creating an excellent and positive work environment
- Proven success in similar roles in fast-paced, high change startup/tech environments.
- Action-oriented, proactive approach - keen to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
- Data-driven and analytical, with a creative, flexible approach and attitude; you’ll be someone who has experience and ideas of innovative ways to improve employee happiness, recruitment, performance.
- It’s not a big focus in the role, but we’d expect you to have at least some experience with employment law/employment relations in a country with a high employment protection tradition
- An interest in tech and blockchain - but don’t worry if you’ve not worked with blockchain before, we’ll help you get up to speed.
- We’re an English-speaking team so you don’t need to be able to speak German, though it’d be great if you do.
- It would be a bonus if you’ve had experience in a regulated or audited environment (for example you might have worked in financial services, FinTech or in an ISO 27001 compliant business) so that you can bring some knowledge of best practice, but also have the creativity to adapt this to Upvest’s culture.
- Our salary package is typically above average
- You will co-own Upvest with company equity
- You will receive personal coaching sessions
- We have flat hierarchies, you can grow into any role
Our cultural values:
Think big: Know your north star. Be hungry. Never give up.
Dig deep: Find the root cause of things. Be obsessed with it.
Play fair: Build powerful partnerships, lasting relationships and long term value.
Resourcefulness: Understand the concept of time. Find a solution.
Own it: Be proactive. Lead by example.
Unity: Supporting each other and working together with transparency in good and bad times.