Principal Engineer, Berlin
Upvest builds the financial infrastructure of tomorrow, powered by blockchain. We make it incredibly simple for every company to use the benefits of the blockchain via our APIs. Our solution is globally used in more than 80 countries. Our team of around 20 talented people comes from 10 different countries, and we are based in Berlin, Germany.
You don’t need to have any prior experience with blockchain technology, just an interest in learning about it - we can help you learn what you need to know once you start, though previous experience in this field would be a bonus.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for all the intersystem interaction, their structure, and technologies used for the service
- Improving the reliability of our APIs (including managing complex integrations with 3rd party providers)
- Build a reliable microservices architecture
- Develop data processing and storing mechanisms
- Ability to build high performing, scalable, and reliable services.
- Proven record of building software components and multi-threaded services.
- Experience with Golang and C/C++ is required
- Strong knowledge of cryptography
- Prior experience of experience working with blockchains (Ethereum, Polkadot) is a plus
- Experience building and deploying microservices and containerized code (docker, kubernetes)
- Leadership skills to lead and influence our Berlin-based and remote developers
- You are proactive in learning new stacks and have a high sense of taking ownership
- You contribute to improving code & processes, and generally leave things better than you found them
We’re an English-speaking team, so no German knowledge will be required
- Our salary package is typically above average
- You will co-own Upvest with company equity
- You will receive personal coaching sessions
- We have flat hierarchies, you can grow into any role
Our cultural values:
Think big: Know your north star. Be hungry. Never give up.
Dig deep: Find the root cause of things. Be obsessed with it.
Play fair: Build powerful partnerships, lasting relationships and long term value.
Resourcefulness: Understand the concept of time. Find a solution.
Own it: Be proactive. Lead by example.
Unity: Supporting each other and working together with transparency in good and bad times.