Senior Backend Engineer, Berlin
Upvest builds the financial infrastructure of tomorrow, powered by blockchain. We make it incredibly simple for every company to use the benefits of the blockchain via our APIs. Our solution is globally used in more than 80 countries. Our team of around 20 talented people comes from 10 different countries, and we are based in Berlin, Germany.
We’re looking for a full-time talented engineer to build tools that provide the best developer experience of our Blockchain API users. You don’t need to have any prior experience with blockchain technology, just an interest in learning about it - we can help you learn what you need to know once you start, though previous experience in this field would be a bonus.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work on improving the reliability of our API tools, as well as developing innovative tools
- Develop APIs for live blockchain data, delivered via webhooks, enabling companies and individual developers to build applications that rely on blockchain events and data
- Be part of creating the best developer experience to build blockchain applications
- Develop data processing and storing mechanisms
- Build strong microservice architecture
- Proven experience in either Python or Golang (experience with both is better, but not necessary)
- Proven experience in RESTful API development
- Strong interest in blockchain integrations (Experience is not necessary but a willingness to learn is critical)
- Strong interest in cryptography, distributed consensus technologies (POS/POW) and Smart Contracts
- You deeply believe in Reliability and top-quality of code
- You are proactive in learning new stacks and have a high sense of taking ownership
- You contribute to improving code & processes, and generally leave things better than you found them
We’re an English-speaking team, so no German knowledge will be required
- Our salary package is typically above average
- You will co-own Upvest with company equity
- You will receive personal coaching sessions
- We have flat hierarchies, you can grow into any role
Our cultural values:
Think big: Know your north star. Be hungry. Never give up.
Dig deep: Find the root cause of things. Be obsessed with it.
Play fair: Build powerful partnerships, lasting relationships and long term value.
Resourcefulness: Understand the concept of time. Find a solution.
Own it: Be proactive. Lead by example.
Unity: Supporting each other and working together with transparency in good and bad times.