Senior DevSecOps Engineer (f/m/d)
At Upvest, we are creating a financial system in which every asset can be traded anytime, by everyone. Our end-to-end solution for asset tokenization provides the most secure issuance, distribution, and custody of security tokens. We serve leading fintechs in Europe and enable them to sell assets that were previously inaccessible to the masses. Our bold long-term view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs Notion Capital, Partech and Holtzbrinck Ventures. Following our recent Series A, we now expand our team. Today, we count 20 talented people from 10 different countries. We are based in Berlin, Germany.
As Senior DevSecOps Engineer, you don’t need to have any prior experience with blockchain technology, just an interest in learning about it - we can help you learn what you need to know once you start. We’re an English-speaking team, so no German knowledge will be required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for anything related to our Google Cloud Platform infrastructure
- Be accountable for activating best practices in terms of Security, Resiliency, Monitoring and Alerting
- Engineering of solutions to maximise system reliability & automation
- Root cause analysis of incidents and proactive prevention of recurrence
- Improving service observability (latency, traffic, error rate and saturation)
- Work with our Chief Security Officer on implementing security best practices and mitigating issues
- Improve our CI/CD pipeline including repeatable deployments which can be rolled back
- Establishing communication best practices throughout the entire software development lifecycle (development, deployment and incident management)
- Proactively testing the flexibility and resilience of the system
- Optimising the overall on-call process
- Strong experience with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, and Terraform
- Prior experience in deploying monitoring and alerting systems
- Prior experience implementing security controls
- Knowledge of our modern tech-stack (Golang, Python) is a plus
- Knowledge of blockchain protocols (mainly Ethereum) is a plus
- Our salary package is typically above average
- You will co-own Upvest with company equity
- You will receive personal coaching sessions
- We have flat hierarchies, you can grow into any role
Our cultural values:
Think big: Know your north star. Be hungry. Never give up.
Dig deep: Find the root cause of things. Be obsessed with it.
Play fair: Build powerful partnerships, lasting relationships and long term value.
Resourcefulness: Understand the concept of time. Find a solution.
Own it: Be proactive. Lead by example.
Unity: Supporting each other and working together with transparency in good and bad times.